Derby Experiences' Official Packages are delivered complete with your tickets, itinerary, directions, point of contact and many guides and maps to aid you on your Derby Experience!
Below are some commonly asked questions we receive from our clients prior to ticket package delivery. If you have a question about the event or about concierge services provided, please email us or call 888.384.7088.
Questions About Official Ticket Packages
Official ticket packages to the 2018 Kentucky Derby can be viewed here
Convenient payment terms are available with Official Derby Experiences Ticket Packages
1/3 due at signing
1/3 due September 15, 2017
1/3 due January 15, 2018
Once you choose your Official Kentucky Derby Ticket Package, submit a request form or call 888.384.7088 to speak with a Derby Experiences representative. A contract will be sent to you with payment options and terms.
Easy payment terms (i.e. Split payments in increments) are not available for online purchases. All online transactions are 100% due at signing.
For online purchases: Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover are accepted. Additional charges may apply.
For offline purchases: Check, wire transfer or major credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover) are accepted. Additional charges may apply.
Yes, all pricing includes applicable taxes.
For online transactions, your shipping and billing address must be the same.
If your billing address is a P.O. Box or located outside of the continental United States and Canada, your package will need to be picked up on site. Pickup details will be sent via email closer to the event date.
Yes, for online purchases, the maximum is 10 Official Ticket Packages per transaction.
Tickets and other package components are sent approximately three weeks prior to the event via Ground delivery with other package components. Please note, signature will be required for pickup.
Subject to change.
Each year, Derby Experiences has an office on site where you can pick up your tickets during the event week.
Our event specialists are standing by to help you with all of your travel needs. Complete the form below or call 888.384.7088 and an event specialist from Derby Experiences will contact you to help you find the official ticket packages that are right for you.
With hotel accommodations: is already included with Derby Experiences' Grandstand and first floor Clubhouse packages.
We will have Luxury Motor Coaches take you to the track in the morning and back in the evening. They will leave right from the hotel. We will park the buses by the Gate 10 entrance.
Without hotel accommodations: Ground transportation and/or parking can be added to any Official Kentucky Derby Ticket Package through Derby Experiences. More information on parking and transportation can be found here
Stolen, destroyed or lost tickets cannot be replaced.
All sales are final. If the event is cancelled for unforeseen circumstances, Derby Experiences will work with the event organizer to try to reclaim all or a portion of your purchase. Please check the terms & conditions in your purchase agreement for the specific event cancellation policy.
3pm is the earliest hotel check-in time
There are a number of betting kiosks (“SAM” [self -automated teller] machines) inside the Derby Experiences’ Official hospitality venues, as well as live mutual stations, which are also available in several areas around the facility. The machines take CASH or a voucher but not a credit card (it’s also illegal to gamble on a credit / debit card). We’d advise against carrying alot of cash to the track. If you are looking to withdraw money at the track, there are several ATMs throughout the facility. Be advised that ATM lines can be very long and deplete fairly quickly, especially later in the days. To avoid the lines, and possibility of not being able to withdraw money, we suggest setting up an account with Churchill Downs in advance. The account will also allow you to wager directly from your phone. Check out the other perks of a CD account here: http://www.twinspires.com/benefits
The Kentucky Derby® and Kentucky Oaks® are run rain or shine. The only thing that would delay the races is lightning.
Gates open at 8 am. The parking lot opens at 6am both Friday and Saturday. Shuttle service begins at 9am on Friday and 7am on Saturday.
In some reserved areas of Churchill Downs there is a dress code.
It is important to note that, in the majority of the seating areas, you do not have to be “Dressed to the Nines” to be admitted into the races. Here are some great guidelines for achieving the perfect Derby look:
Business casual is required for the The Derby Room:
- Jackets and Blazers
- Vests, collared shirts, and sweaters
Casual Attire is permitted in the Turf Club, Trophy Room and Millionaires Row:
- Jackets optional, Blazers
- Vests, collared shirts, and sweaters
- Dresses, Pantsuits
- Slacks, golf shorts, dress shorts, khakis and capris
Denim, jeans, shorts and tennis shoes are not allowed. Torn or frayed clothing is inappropriate and not allowed.
Casual Attire is permitted in all other seating areas, including the Grandstand.
TIP FOR THE LADIES! While high heels are certainly part of the total Derby ensemble, experienced Derby divas also pack a pair of fashionable yet comfortable flats or flip flops to wear home. Who says the high price of fashion has to include blisters?
As you prepare for your race day trip to Churchill Downs for the Kentucky Derby, security only allows certain items to be carried inside of the race track. Please note all items are subject for search by authorities
Items permitted by Churchill Downs at the Kentucky Derby include:
- Food items in clear plastic bags (maximum size 18” X 18” - no trash bags)*
- "Box" lunches in clear plastic bags or containers (maximum size 18" X 18" - no trash bags)
- Water and soft drinks – plastic bottles only (sealed, clear and unopened)
- Purses, but none larger than 12” in any dimension (subject to search)
- Baby/diaper bags – only if accompanied by a child (subject to search)
- Small cameras – none equipped with detachable lenses or lenses of 6” or more **
- Sunscreen (non-glass containers only)
- Small personal music systems, radios and televisions** (No boom boxes)
- Cellular phones, smartphones and tablets**
- Seat cushions smaller than 15"X15" that do not contain metal arms and/or backs, zippers, pockets or flaps
- Strollers (ONLY if carrying a child)
- Chairs (Gate 3 ONLY)
- Blankets & tarpaulins (Gates 1 & 3 ONLY)
Items not permitted by Churchill Downs at the Kentucky Derby:
- Coolers (Styrofoam coolers, ice available at infield purchase points)
- Cans (any size or type), glass bottles or containers
- Pop-Up or Patron Tents– no poles or stakes of any kind
- Laptop Computers and Camcorders
- Cameras with detachable lenses, or equipped with a lens that is 6” or larger
- Selfie Sticks
- Purses larger than 12" in any dimension
- Alcoholic beverages
- Illegal Substances
- Luggage (includes briefcases)
- Duffel bags
- Weapons (including knives)
- Fireworks, noisemakers, air horns, laser lights/pointers, mace or pepper sprays
- Drones and remote controlled aircraft
- Animals (with the exception of service animals for guests with disabilities)
- Any items deemed dangerous and/or inappropriate