Below are some commonly asked questions we receive from our clients prior to ticket package delivery. If you have a question about the event or about concierge services provided, please email us or call 888.384.7088.
Questions About Official Ticket Packages
Official ticket packages to the Kentucky Derby can be viewed here
Easy payment terms* (i.e. split payments in increments) are available with Derby Experiences. Please check with your sales representatives or the listed prices online on how to use our easy payment plans for the Kentucky Derby and Oaks.
For online purchases: Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover are accepted. Additional charges may apply.
For offline purchases: Check, wire transfer or major credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover) are accepted. Additional charges may apply.
Yes, all pricing includes applicable taxes.
For online transactions, your shipping and billing address must be the same.
If your billing address is a P.O. Box, your package will need to be picked up on site. Pickup details will be sent via email closer to the event date.
Yes, for online purchases, the maximum is 10 Official Ticket Packages per transaction.
Tickets and other package components are sent approximately three weeks prior to the event via Ground delivery with other package components. Please note, signature will be required for pickup.
Subject to change.
Each year, Derby Experiences has an office on site where you can pick up your tickets during the event week.
Our event specialists are standing by to help you with all of your travel needs. Complete the form below or call 888.384.7088 and an event specialist from Derby Experiences will contact you to help you find the official ticket packages that are right for you.
With hotel accommodations: is already included with Derby Experiences' Grandstand and first floor Clubhouse packages.
We will have Charter Buses take you to the track in the morning and back in the evening. They will leave right from the hotel. We will park the buses by the Clubhouse Gate entrance.
Without hotel accommodations: Ground transportation and/or parking can be added to any Official Kentucky Derby Ticket Package through Derby Experiences. More information on parking and transportation can be found here
Stolen, destroyed or lost tickets cannot be replaced.
All sales are final. If the event is cancelled for unforeseen circumstances, Derby Experiences will work with the event organizer to try to reclaim all or a portion of your purchase. Please check the terms & conditions in your purchase agreement for the specific event cancellation policy.
3pm is the earliest hotel check-in time
There are a number of betting kiosks (“SAM” [self -automated teller] machines) inside the Derby Experiences’ Official hospitality venues, as well as live mutual stations, which are also available in several areas around the facility. The machines take CASH or a voucher but not a credit card (it’s also illegal to gamble on a credit / debit card). We’d advise against carrying alot of cash to the track. If you are looking to withdraw money at the track, there are several ATMs throughout the facility. Be advised that ATM lines can be very long and deplete fairly quickly, especially later in the days. To avoid the lines, and possibility of not being able to withdraw money, we suggest setting up an account with Churchill Downs in advance. The account will also allow you to wager directly from your phone. Check out the other perks of a CD account here: http://www.twinspires.com/benefits
The Kentucky Derby® and Kentucky Oaks® are run rain or shine. The only thing that would delay the races is lightning.
Gates open at 8 am. The parking lot opens at 6am both Friday and Saturday.
In some reserved areas of Churchill Downs there is a dress code.
It is important to note that, in the majority of the seating areas, you do not have to be “Dressed to the Nines” to be admitted into the races. Here are some great guidelines for achieving the perfect Derby look:
Business casual is required for the The Derby Room:
- Jackets and Blazers
- Vests, collared shirts, and sweaters
Casual Attire is permitted in the Turf Club, Trophy Room and Millionaires Row:
- Jackets optional, Blazers
- Vests, collared shirts, and sweaters
- Dresses, Pantsuits
- Slacks, golf shorts, dress shorts, khakis and capris
Denim, jeans, shorts and tennis shoes are not allowed. Torn or frayed clothing is inappropriate and not allowed.
Casual Attire is permitted in all other seating areas, including the Grandstand.
TIP FOR THE LADIES! While high heels are certainly part of the total Derby ensemble, experienced Derby divas also pack a pair of fashionable yet comfortable flats or flip flops to wear home. Who says the high price of fashion has to include blisters?
As you prepare for your race day trip to Churchill Downs for the Kentucky Derby, security only allows certain items to be carried inside of the racetrack. Please note all items are subject for search by authorities. All patrons are subject to metal detector scans before entry to the track on all of Derby Week (Opening Night- Derby Day).
KENTUCKY DERBY WEEK BAG POLICY
Churchill Downs Racetrack will enforce a clear bag policy throughout Kentucky Derby weekend.
- one small clutch purse (no larger than 4.5” x 6”)
- one large clear bag – either a one-gallon clear Ziploc-style storage bag or a 12” x 6” x 12” clear tote bag.
- Baby bag & Diaper bags, if accompanied by a child (subject to search)
- Strollers, if accompanied by a child
- Boxed lunches or food items in clear plastic bags (no trash bags) or containers that do not exceed the maximum size (12" X 6" X 12")-limit of one bag per person*
- Bottled water that is in a sealed, clear and unopened plastic bottle- limit of two 24 oz. bottles per person*
- Small cameras (detachable lenses and lenses 6” or more NOT ALLOWED)
- Sunscreen (plastic bottles only)
- Seat cushions smaller than 15” x 15” that do not contain metal arms and/or backs. zippers, pockets or flaps.
- Cellular phones, smartphones and tablets
Prohibited Items List Effective Derby Week (Opening Night- Derby Day)
- Alcoholic beverages
- Backpacks, duffel bags and luggage
- Bags larger than 4.5" X 6" or that does not meet the clear bag policy above
- Balloons and inflatables
- Banners and/or signs, unless pre-approved
- Cameras with detachable lenses, or equipped with a lens that is 6” or larger
- Canopies and tents
- Cans (any size or type), glass bottles or containers
- Drones and remote controlled aircraft
- Fireworks, noise makers, air horns, laser lights/pointers, mace or pepper spray
- Food & Beverage*
- Hoverboards, skateboards and scooters
- Illegal Substances
- Personal music players without head-phones, portable speakers/sound systems
- Pets, except for trained service animals
- Poles or sticks of any size
- Projectile Items, balls, and Frisbees
- Seat Cushions that are larger than 15" X 15" that contain metal arms and/or backs, zippers, pockets or flaps
- Selfie Sticks
- Umbrellas of any size
- Weapons (including guns, knives, and cigar cutters)
- Any items deemed dangerous and/or inappropriate
* OAKS & DERBY DAYS ONLY
This list is subject to change and any item deemed inappropriate or unsafe may not be carried into the facility at any time. Patrons could be required to turn on electronic items.